Thursday, March 1, 2012

Clean, spider-free house!

February 26th

I love it when my house smells like this, a mixture of clean laundry and nag champa incense. It just feels so comforting.

Today was a cleaning day, much improved by feeling better (I was a bit nauseous yesterday, bending over to do laundry was challenging). I finished the dishes, washed my sheets, cleaned my mosquito net and nattes, and even swept behind the bed and the bookshelf. I was terrified to get behind that bookshelf, but all I found were a couple of little lizards and a lot of cobwebs. For better or worse I didn't see the scorpion that I stunned earlier in the week, with any luck it got eaten or made its way outside. I did sweep up a dead scorpion carrier behind my bed, a thought that makes me shudder. I tucked my net very securely along the wall edges of my bed when I re hung it. I'll still be keeping an eye out for critters, but it feels much nicer knowing that the hiding places in my house have been cleaned out for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment