Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Harmattan has begun

February 6th

I had trouble sleeping because of the wind blowing all night. When I woke up I had a text from Emily about the Zombie Apocalypse outside. I got up and lo and behold! Everything was shrouded in what appeared to be fog, I couldn't see much further than the coffee shack behind my wall. With the terrible gusts of wind that had been torturing me all night, I knew the truth – this was dust. Since I didn't have anything in particular to do, I took advantage and left my house exactly twice, to water my garden. I watched visible clouds of dust puff into my house through the screen door, and was in a very unhappy mood indeed, watching the floor and house I just dusted and mopped yesterday become inundated in a layer twice as thick as what built up all last week. So tragic! Welcome to the windy season.

No comments:

Post a Comment